Gay Pride Parade, festival may take place over 2 weekends
February 6, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Organizers are planning to split Chicago's Gay Pride Parade and street festival into two separate events, they said.
In the past, the festival took place on a Friday and Saturday, and the parade was on Sunday.
The festival is slated for a Saturday and Sunday in late June 2013 and the parade will be held one week later.
Organizers hope the new plan will ease congestion.
They still need final approval from city officials.
- Search for missing swimmer to resume Thursday
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Interactive Hurricane Tracking Map
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Senate panel votes to ease landfill restrictions 3 min ago
- NWS confirms Franklin County tornado
- Wake superintendent named, controversy begins
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini has died
- Former TWA Flight 800 investigators want new probe
- Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate
- Stocks slide as Fed says bond purchases could slow
- NC first lady urges Senate action on breeder bill
- UNC-Chapel Hill holds emergency drill
- Suspected meth found near RDU airport