Man, 70, found beaten to death in Pa. alley
ALLENTOWN, Pa. - February 7, 2013 -- Authorities in the Lehigh Valley say an elderly man was found beaten to death in an alley next to his Allentown home.
Allentown police say the body of 70-year-old John Lebar was found at about 7:45 p.m. Tuesday.
The Lehigh County coroner's office said an autopsy Wednesday determined that he died of blunt force trauma to the head.
Neighbors said they found the body after noticing Lebar's door left open and not finding him inside.
No arrests were immediately reported, and authorities asked anyone with information about the attack to call them.
allentown, homicide, pennsylvania, local/state
- Jailer to serve 90 days behind bars
- Photos: The Golden Globe nominees
- 5 year old surprises deaf parents at school holiday concert
- Texas teen who killed four in crash sentenced to probation
- Feds shut 52 unsafe bus companies
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- NKorea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle as a traitor
- Bank robbery suspect sought in Fayetteville 53 min ago
- Rash of shootings have Sanford on edge
- Bowl president: 'No doubt' about No. 22 Duke
- Pool parasite sickens high school swimmers
- Part of US 64 added to Interstate Highway System
- Lawmaker charged in state tax case out of jail
- Judge: No quick trial on NC voting law changes
abc11.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help