School bus involved in accident in Raleigh
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Two people were taken to the hospital Thursday morning after a car and school bus collided in downtown Raleigh.
The accident happened just before 8 a.m. on Peace Street.
The driver of the car was taken to WakeMed with what appeared to be serious injuries, according to officials.
One student on the bus was also taken to the hospital as a precaution.
It is unclear how the accident happened and how many students were on board when the collision happened. Further details have not been released at this time.
Peace Street between Capital Boulevard and Glenwood Avenue had to be closed for a short while, so police and EMS could respond to the scene.
wake county, school bus accident, local/state
- Teacher resignations up significantly in Wake Co. 11 min ago
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Cooper, other lawyers resolve NC defamation case 7 min ago
- Police trying to identify Cary rape suspect
- Jabari Parker leaving Duke
- Photos: Outer Banks store burns
- Gov. Pat McCrory proposes help for vets
- Man shot outside Fayetteville grocery store 11 min ago
- Former teacher faces charges
- Big rig crashes through front of pharmacy
- Gas prices on the rise; still lower than last Easter
- Nurseries, homeowners take steps to protect plants