Family of alleged sexual abuse victim sues gym
February 7, 2013 (WARRENVILLE, Ill.) -- A west suburban trainer was charged with sexually abusing a teenager he worked with at a local gym.
Now the family of the alleged victim is suing the gym Life Time Fitness in Warrenville.
Robert Theodore was charged in September 2012 with abusing the 16-year old victim at Theodore's home and at the gym.
The lawsuit filed Thursday claims Life Time Fitness was warned years ago about Theodore's conduct with other young people.
Life Time Fitness said it's cooperating with authorities and fired Theodore once it learned of the criminal investigations in 2012.
- Audit shows problems with NCTracks
- Heart of Carolina Food Drive wrapping up soon
- South African police prepare for Mandela ceremony
- Man must pay $50K after breaking up with fiancee
- Car drives off bridge, into Harnett County creek
- North Carolina ties to Craigslist murder
- Autopsy reveals Jamie Hahn stabbed 24 times
- Art Pope says he's sad about Roses, Maxway pickets
- Child writes apology letter for dialing 911
- Second suspect named in double murder
- World leaders to speak at massive Mandela memorial
- Wake Forest chooses Bowling Green's Clawson
- Reward doubled in Mount Olive murders
- Deputy hits deer, tree in Moore County
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help