Firefighters injured battling NW Side house fire
There was a frightening close call for four Chicago firefighters battling a house fire Thursday evening.
A mayday call went out after three firefighters fell when stairs collapsed under them. Another firefighter fell trying to help them.
The fire happened in 5700-block of North Newark on the northwest side. The home was being renovated and no one was inside.
The firefighters suffered minor injuries and were transported to Resurrection Hospital according to the Chicago Fire Department.
- Temps to plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday
- Durham girl's wish comes true
- Teen arrested in theft of part from Paul Walker crash
- Woman unknowingly tweets husband's fatal car crash
- Woman struck, killed by car in Harnett County
- Son: Graham's health declining
- Wake Forest bank robbery suspect caught
- Motorcyclist killed in Durham County crash
- No. 20 Duke relishes worst-to-first ride
- Xerox calls police before layoffs
- High School Football Scores - Playoffs Week 4
- Hurricanes surge past Sharks
- Raleigh Winterfest 2013-2014
- Icy storm slams Southwest, shuts down North Texas
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help