NCDOT increases speed limit on I-540
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- The N.C. Department of Transportation has now officially increased the speed limit on a section of Interstate 540.
Wednesday, NC DOT increased the limit from 65 to 70 miles per hour between the U.S. Highway 70/Glenwood Avenue interchange and U.S. 64/264.
Officials said the decision was based on a review of current speeds, crash data and road characteristics, such as lane and shoulder widths along I-540.
- Target investigating credit card breach
- Will 'Anchorman 2' live up to the hype?
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- Bradley Cooper happy to be sober
- Man shot, collapses at gas station 24 min ago
- Police issue warning on eve of Huerta vigil
- Dog helps doctors monitor child during operation
- Army helicopter crash victim from Triangle
- Ex-boyfriend charged in Durham double murder
- Texas upends No. 14 North Carolina 86-83
- NC State beats Vols 65-58 for sixth straight win
- White House task force urges limit on NSA snooping
- Ferry that ran aground on NC coast still stuck
- Crawleigh could affect school start times
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help