Clayton firefighter injured battling blaze
CLAYTON, N.C. (WTVD) -- A Clayton firefighter was hurt in an early morning house fire on Sunday.
The family of five was able to escape the flames unharmed, but the home is a total loss along with everything inside.
Firefighters got the call around 1 a.m. of a fire on the 800 block of Bobbitt Road.
The homeowner said he woke up to a noise inside the home. When he opened the door to a finished attic space he saw flames. Firefighters responded in minutes and the man, his wife, and their three teenage children were able to get out safely.
When firefighters arrived on scene, the one-story wooden home was completely engulfed.
After crews put out the fire, firefighter Travis Price fell through the damaged first floor to the basement. Price injured his arm, but did not need to go to the hospital.
The fire marshal determined the fire started in the attic where the family said they keep a wood-burning stove. However, the house was so heavily damaged that the fire marshal was not able to pinpoint the exact cause of ignition.
The family is staying with relatives in the area.
johnston county, fire, local/state
- Child killed in Johnston County crash 17 min ago
- Parents on smartphones ignore their kids, study finds
- Construction halted on controversial Raleigh home
- Thousands left in the dark due to outage
- Some recommendations approved for Chatham Park project 12 min ago
- Students describe aftermath of Ukrainian riots 38 min ago
- Raleigh shooting under investigation 3 min ago
- Judge: influence may have tainted Sinclair trial
- Dentist tells jurors he prayed child would die
- Elderly couple beaten, robbed in home
- Boaters rescued on Cape Fear River
- Stranded climber rescued from NC mountain
- Exercise highlights 440th Airlift Wing's importance
- Parts of Triangle still paralyzed by weather damage
- Child killed in Johnston County crash
17 min ago
- 2 shot in Gates Four community
15 min ago
- Some recommendations approved for Chatham...
12 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help