Pedestrian hit on I-95
JOHNSTON COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- Troopers are investigating a pedestrian accident on I-95 in Johnston County.
The accident happened near mile marker 97 near Selma around 8 p.m. Sunday.
Officials told ABC11 the driver of the vehicle never stopped after hitting the person.
The victim was taken to WakeMed with life-threatening injuries.
Officials have not released the victim's name.
johnston county, i95, local/state
- Winter weather advisory issued for northern counties
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Duke stays close to home as No. 3 seed
- Tar Heels draw Providence in NCAA opener
- Iowa State ready to face North Carolina Central
- No. 6 UVa tops No. 7 Duke 72-63 for ACC title
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Newtown struggles to meet mental health demand
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos