Four charged in Middlesex drive-by murder
MIDDLESEX, N.C. (WTVD) -- The Nash County Sheriff's Office said Monday it has charged four people in the Thursday drive-by shooting that left a Middlesex mother dead.
Forty-one-year-old Portia Hinnant died when shots were fired from a passing vehicle into her home in the 9000 block of Old Middlesex Road.
Deputies said Monday they believe the shooters were targeting Hinnant's son in the attack.
They've charged four with first-degree murder, felony to commit murder and firing a weapon into an occupied property:
- 19-year-old Charles Stanley Hinnant Jr., of the 11000 block of Highway 581, Bailey
- 21-year-old Dominique Jerrod Brown, of the 4000 block Hornes Church Rd., Bailey
- 17-year-old Anna Perry, of the 7000 block of Southern Nash High Rd., Bailey
- 18-year-old Adrian Marquis Joyner, of the 4000 block West Hornes Church Rd., Bailey
nash county, shooting, local/state
- Family, police at odds over Huerta vigil violence 49 min ago
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- Flight delayed 2 hours for pilot's sandwich delivery
- Critical spacewalk set for Saturday
- Senate leader Harry Reid released from hospital
- Utah Attorney General to challenge end to gay marriage ban
- P.J. Hairston off the team at UNC
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Power play lifts Capitals past Carolina, 4-2Hurricanes surge... 20 min ago
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Lawmakers get legal help with NC marriage case
- Community rallies around couple after fire
- Foul weather threatens to snarl holiday travel
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help