Permit granted for Zebulon solar farm
ZEBULON, N.C. (WTVD) -- The Wake County Board of Adjustment has granted a man's request to build a solar farm on his 15-acre property in Zebulon.
Opponents of the project attended a hearing Tuesday at the Wake County Courthouse. Many said the plan proposed by Chad Ray on his land along Pearces Road would lower their property values.
"I'm not happy at all. I feel like they don't care about the people in our community. All they care about is making money," offered resident Patricia Schaffer.
But Ray told board members the farm would be an asset to the area - not a detriment.
"I am happy. I believe in what we're doing or else I wouldn't have been here to begin with," he told ABC11.
Ray hopes to start construction this spring and soon be able to provide energy.
wake county, local/state
- Child killed in Johnston County crash
- Parents on smartphones ignore their kids, study finds
- Construction halted on controversial Raleigh home
- Thousands left in the dark due to outage
- Some recommendations approved for Chatham Park project
- Students describe aftermath of Ukrainian riots
- Raleigh shooting under investigation
- Judge: influence may have tainted Sinclair trial
- Dentist tells jurors he prayed child would die
- Elderly couple beaten, robbed in home
- Boaters rescued on Cape Fear River
- Stranded climber rescued from NC mountain
- Exercise highlights 440th Airlift Wing's importance
- Parts of Triangle still paralyzed by weather damage
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help