Authorities: Man wearing armor claims suspect shot him
CUMBERLAND COUNTY (WTVD) -- A Fayetteville man is facing charges after he told 911 operators someone allegedly shot at him.
Authorities said on Wednesday, 21-year old Jon Michael Mauldwin called 911 and claimed to have been involved in a shooting outside his Shadyside Lane home.
He allegedly said someone shot at him while he was wearing body armor, so he returned fire and hit the other person.
When authorities arrived at Mauldwin's house, they were unable to find any shell casings where the alleged shooting happened.
An investigation later determined that the round that hit Mauldwin's bullet proof vest was fired by his own .380 handgun.
Cumberland County Sheriff's Detectives charged Mauldwin with filing a false report with law enforcement officers and misuse of the 911 communication system. He has since been released on bond.
cumberland county, local/state
- Police issue warning about Huerta vigil 32 min ago
- 'Duck Dynasty' star on hiatus after anti-gay comments
- Photos: Clinton is Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating
- Whole Foods will stop selling Chobani
- NCCU new head football coach named 2 min ago
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse 27 min ago
- Could Becoats' future be in jeopardy? 41 min ago
- Target investigating credit card breach
- Troxler endorses Tillis for Senate primary in NC 13 min ago
- Trial for Army general facing sex charges delayed 6 min ago
- Panthers 1 win from ending playoff drought 59 min ago
- Lawyer details new evidence in Ackerson murder 36 min ago
- Man charged with attempted murder, arson
- Camp director facing child porn charges
- Could Becoats' future be in jeopardy?
40 min ago
- Are movies making your kids fat?
50 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help