Child dies following Moore County accident
CARTHAGE, N.C. (WTVD) -- A crash in Moore County Thursday has left one child dead and another in intensive care.
Authorities said 2-year-old Julius Johnson was killed and 4-year-old Robert Johnson was last listed in critical condition at UNC Hospital.
The accident along Star Ridge Road in Carthage sent a total of five people to the hospital.
Three others were treated and released from a Moore County hospital.
The State Highway Patrol told ABC11 that 19-year-old Sedrick Belk was speeding down the road when he lost control of his SUV, and struck an embankment which caused the vehicle to flip.
Troopers said two of the children were ejected from the vehicle.
Criminal charges are pending against Belk.
moore county, accident, local/state
- McNeill found guilty of first-degree murder
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty 24 min ago
- Senate Republicans move NC budget to House
- Raleigh names new interim city manager
- Senate leader at odds with Governor over Dix lease
- Abaroa's marriage counselor takes stand
- Police investigate murder-suicide in Durham
- Suspect in Raleigh murder has criminal past
- Cary 9 year old starts Oklahoma fundraiser
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Autopsy: Missing woman died from overdose