Suspect arrested, 2nd suspect sought in hotel robbery
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- Two men are facing charges in connection with a robbery at an extended stay hotel near downtown Fayetteville this week.
Police said on Wednesday, a man entered the Value Place hotel on West Rowan Street near Bragg Boulevard around 8:15 a.m. and demanded money before fleeing the scene.
On Thursday, authorities released surveillance video of one of the suspects during the crime in an effort to identify him.
Officials in Moore County were able to identify the suspect in the video as 24-year-old Jordan D. Kirk of Jackson Springs N.C. and arrested him.
Detectives also identified 23-year-old Darrell Jeffries II of Southern Pines as another suspect involved in the robbery and issued warrants for his arrest.
Both Kirk and Jeffries have been charged with robbery with a dangerous weapon and conspiracy.
Kirk is being held in the Moore County Detention Center on a $75,000 secured bond.
Meanwhile, authorities are still searching for Jeffries.
Anyone with information about his whereabouts is asked to call Det. Hertrich with the Fayetteville Police Department at (910) 433-1856 or CrimeStoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477).
cumberland county, robbery, local/state
- Temps plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday
- Photos: Meet the New Bachelor Contestants
- Photos: Raleigh Winterfest Celebration 2013-2014
- Raleigh police investigate homicide
- Rabies alert in Wake County 48 min ago
- Durham hosts Special Olympic bowlers
- Up to 50 vehicles collide in deadly Pennsylvania Turnpike crash
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- South Africans pray for Mandela
- Nasty weather hits several NFL games
- In 2nd week, 'Frozen' tops box office with $31.6M
- Panthers, Saints seek control of NFC South race
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help