Teen killed in Johnston County wreck
JOHNSTON COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- The State Highway Patrol is investigating a fatal accident that happened on the 2200 block of Josephine Road.
Troopers said three teens were inside a Ford Ranger pick-up truck when the truck's driver, 17-year-old Bryan Gilmore, lost control of the vehicle and ran off the road early Saturday.
The truck overturned several times, ejecting 18-year-old William Tippett, who died at the scene.
Troopers said Gilmore faces DWI and reckless driving charges.
He and the third passenger are recovering at a local hospital at last report.
johnston county, accident, local/state
- Audit shows problems with NCTracks
- Heart of Carolina Food Drive wrapping up soon
- South African police prepare for Mandela ceremony
- Man must pay $50K after breaking up with fiancee
- Car drives off bridge, into Harnett County creek
- North Carolina ties to Craigslist murder
- Autopsy reveals Jamie Hahn stabbed 24 times
- Art Pope says he's sad about Roses, Maxway pickets
- Child writes apology letter for dialing 911
- Second suspect named in double murder
- World leaders to speak at massive Mandela memorial
- Wake Forest chooses Bowling Green's Clawson
- Reward doubled in Mount Olive murders
- Deputy hits deer, tree in Moore County
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help