Car crashes into Streamwood home
February 16, 2013 (STREAMWOOD, Ill.) -- A car crashed into a house in northwest suburban Streamwood.
The car broke through the outside wall of the house and then fell partially into the home's basement.
The homeowners were home at the time and a painter was working inside as well.
"We thought a bomb went off, me and the homeowner," said Scott Cecille, who was working inside the home at the time of the crash. "All I can say is when something like this happens you want to run. It all happened so fast. (I) ran back to check and see, make sure the driver's ok and that was the most important thing, that everybody's ok."
Police say the driver suffered only minor injuries. Nobody else was injured.
- Man killed by falling tree in Chapel Hill
- Tax collector's office accused of abusing worker
- 'First kiss': The story behind the real viral hit
- Local company to provide experimental drug to boy
- Winds blow into NC as temperatures plummet
- Soldiers find human remains scattered in woods
- Mobile home destroyed by fire in Selma
- Gas blast destroys 2 NY buildings; 6 people dead 4 min ago
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- Obama calls for a 'rethinking' on Crimea vote
- Expert: Girl's blood on over 30 items of evidence
- GM excluded crash deaths from ignition inquiry
- Ingram has 30 as NCCU beats Howard 92-46 in MEAC
- NC coming up against another food stamp deadline