Car crashes into Streamwood home
February 16, 2013 (STREAMWOOD, Ill.) -- A car crashed into a house in northwest suburban Streamwood.
The car broke through the outside wall of the house and then fell partially into the home's basement.
The homeowners were home at the time and a painter was working inside as well.
"We thought a bomb went off, me and the homeowner," said Scott Cecille, who was working inside the home at the time of the crash. "All I can say is when something like this happens you want to run. It all happened so fast. (I) ran back to check and see, make sure the driver's ok and that was the most important thing, that everybody's ok."
Police say the driver suffered only minor injuries. Nobody else was injured.
- Widow's wedding bands stolen in Hope Mills
- Manhunt for suspects in deadly luxury mall carjacking
- Crawleigh's I-440 lane closures got off to a rough start
- Police seek help solving double murder
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Multiple county chase ends in Durham
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Sheriff: School gunman planned to attack 5 spots
- Naked man spotted near Raleigh school
- Private ferry runs aground, injures 14
- Durham murder victim identified
- Blind man, guide dog safe after subway track fall
- Fair ride operator, owner formally indicted
- DOT looking at all 540 project paths
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help