FBI: Serial bank robber hits 4th area bank
ROXBOROUGH - February 17, 2013 -- The FBI is seeking help finding a man who they say has robbed a fourth area bank in a matter of a few weeks.
It happened a little after 12 noon Sunday at the TD Bank on the 5500 block of Ridge Avenue in Roxborough.
Authorities say the suspect walked in, handed the teller a demand note and got away with an undisclosed amount of money.
He was last seen running north on Ridge Avenue then west on Markle Street.
Police believe the same man unsuccesfully attempted to rob this same bank on Feb. 14.
The three previous incidents were on:
- Feb. 14 at the Sovereign Bank branch on Belmont Avenue in Bala Cynwyd.
-Feb. 12 at the TD Bank on the 400 block of West Lancaster Avenue in Haverford.
-Feb. 2 at the Citizens Bank branch on the 100 block of East City Line Avenue in Bala Cynwyd.
No word on how much money was taken at each location.
The suspect is described as a black male, late 20s to mid-30s, 5'9" to 5'10" tall, medium build, goatee, with dark-framed glasses.
Anyone with information is urged to call the FBI at 215-418-4000. There may be a reward for information leading to the suspect's capture. Tipsters can remain anonymous.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, bank robbery, local/state
- Search under way for missing swimmer in Hope Mills 10 min ago
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Interactive Hurricane Tracking Map
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- McCrory signs repeal of Racial Justice Act 28 min ago
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini has died 26 min ago
- Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate
- Stocks slide as Fed says bond purchases could slow
- NC first lady urges Senate action on breeder bill
- UNC-Chapel Hill holds emergency drill
- Suspected meth found near RDU airport
- Wake Forest natural gas leak capped
- Two killed, several injured in Fayetteville crash
- Tropical Storm Barry forms off Mexican coast
abc11.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos