Fire destroys 2 restaurants in NJ strip mall
MEDFORD, N.J. - February 17, 2013 -- Firefighters battled an overnight blaze at a Burlington County strip mall.
A passerby spotted the fire at the Ironstone Village Center on Stokes Road shortly before 2:00 a.m. and called police.
Fire officials tell Action News there were no hydrants in the area, so the water had to be trucked in.
The blaze was under control about an hour later, but the center of the shopping strip, including two restaurants, was heavily damaged.
One firefighter was taken to Virtua Memorial Hospital for minor injuries.
The cause of the fire is now under investigation.
new jersey, burlington county, fire, local/state
- Army helicopter crash victim from Triangle
- Will 'Anchorman 2' live up to the hype?
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- Bradley Cooper happy to be sober
- Ferry that ran aground on NC coast still stuck 39 min ago
- Family gets new home for holidays 50 min ago
- Crawleigh could affect school start times
- UNC guard McDonald cleared by NCAA
- Bipartisan budget agreement clears Congress
- Laurence Lovette denied change of venue for murder trial
- Police recover stolen storm grates
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- Ga. woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets
- Photos: Most fascinating people of 2013
- Family gets new home for holidays
50 min ago
abc11.com News Links
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help