Teen killed in Kennett Square crash ID'd
KENNETT SQUARE, Pa. - February 17, 2013 -- Police have identified the 18-year-old girl killed in a crash in Chester County.
The accident happened around 6:45 a.m. on Old Kennett Pike in Kennett Square.
Police say 18-year-old Kristen Felkowski of Wilmington, Delaware was driving a 2005 BMW in the westbound lanes of Old Kennett Road and approached a left curve in the road.
The BMW failed to negotiate the curve causing the vehicle to leave the roadway and stuck a tree.
Felkowski was pronounced dead at the scene.
The passenger, identified only as a 16-year-old from Scranton Pa., was taken to A.I. duPont Hospital in Delaware with non-life-threatening injuries.
pennsylvania, chester county, accident, local/state
- Man shot outside Fayetteville grocery store
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Former teacher faces charges 20 min ago
- Gas prices on the rise; still lower than last Easter
- Nurseries, homeowners take steps to protect plants
- Troubleshooter investigates Papa John's dough
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works
- Portland plans reservoir flush after teen cited
- 2 more charged in Wake Forest kidnapping
- Girl's memorial being held at basketball arena
- Sketch of Cary rape suspect released
- McCrory proposes new coal ash regulation