More grid garbage collection to begin
February 17, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Another 57,000 Chicago homes are about to switch to the grid garbage collection system.
Starting Monday and continuing throughout the week, crews will post notifications on trash carts within the affected area which covers eight wards.
The new garbage collection day will be effective the week of February 25. The changes will also impact recycling services as well.
To find out if your ward is about to make the switch, CLICK HERE.
- Suspect in Wake Forest kidnapping captured
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Photos: Outer Banks store burns
- Gov. Pat McCrory proposes help for vets
- Man shot outside Fayetteville grocery store
- Former teacher faces charges
- Big rig crashes through front of pharmacy
- Gas prices on the rise; still lower than last Easter
- Nurseries, homeowners take steps to protect plants
- Troubleshooter investigates Papa John's dough
- Wake sounds alarm on teacher shortage
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works