Pipeline protest in Grant Park
February 17, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Protesters against the Keystone XL pipeline gathered Sunday at Grant Park to send a message to President Obama.
The protest was organized by the Chicago Youth Climate Coalition, a group of students dedicated to ending the consumption of fossil fuels.
They also want the president to take action to deal with climate change.
A similar protest also took place in Washington, beginning at the Washington Monument and ending at the White House.
- Temps to plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday
- Durham girl's wish comes true
- Teen arrested in theft of part from Paul Walker crash
- Woman unknowingly tweets husband's fatal car crash
- Woman struck, killed by car in Harnett County
- Son: Graham's health declining
- Wake Forest bank robbery suspect caught
- Motorcyclist killed in Durham County crash
- No. 20 Duke relishes worst-to-first ride
- Xerox calls police before layoffs
- High School Football Scores - Playoffs Week 4
- Hurricanes surge past Sharks
- Raleigh Winterfest 2013-2014
- Icy storm slams Southwest, shuts down North Texas
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help