Man dies after stabbing
CUMBERLAND COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- The Cumberland County Sheriff's Office said Monday a man died in surgery following a stabbing at a home in the 3600 block of Oakland Avenue.
Investigators said 36-year old David Lee Covington of 2010 Smith Road got into an argument with 33-year old Victor Alexander Iwanski at the home, which resulted in the stabbing.
Covington was rushed to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center, but surgeons couldn't save him.
Deputies said the incident remains under investigation.
cumberland county, stabbing, local/state
- Funeral held for North Hills murder victim 26 min ago
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- Photos: Raleigh's Artsplosure
- 4 year old injured in Durham hit-and-run 32 min ago
- Small Fla. city wonders who won Powerball jackpot
- Boston Marathon bombing victim returns home to NC
- Body of missing Ohio man pulled from NC waters
- NC teacher says student hit her during field trip
- Charlotte remembers 1963 desegregation 'eat-in'
- Swift, Bieber, more ready for Billboard Awards
- OJ Simpson lawyers say he is closer to freedom
- Medical emergency eyed in Va. parade crash