Gunman targets motorcyclists in Fayetteville
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- Fayetteville police are investigating after a motorcyclist was found shot and another was shot at early Tuesday morning.
Now, authorities are trying to figure out if the crimes are connected.
There are common denominators in both cases. Both men were along Bragg Boulevard before the incidents. Police say both victims started out in the Carolina Square shopping center, where a fight broke out.
In the first shooting, an unidentified motorcyclist was killed just before 3 a.m. He was found lying in the middle of the 4200 block of Bragg Boulevard when police arrived. Police said he was a member of Hells Angels.
Minutes later, 30-year-old Sgt. Matthew Key was run off the road on his motorcycle, and shot at, as well.
The second incident happened several miles away on Cliffdale Road. Key was treated at Womack Army Medical Center, and is expected to be fine.
Now, police need the public's help.
They believe the two incidents are connected and that a male and female, either black or Hispanic, driving a four door silver or white sedan, ran the soldier off Cliffdale Road.
Anyone with information relating to this crime is asked to contact the Fayetteville Police Department at (910) 433-1856, or Crime Stoppers at (910) 483-TIPS(8447).
cumberland county, accident, shooting, local/state
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh 8 min ago
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in Durham
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car hits power pole
- Sheriff: Wendell couple killed in murder-suicide
- Crews battle large apartment complex fire
- Duke senior killed in Florida crash
- Sinclair trial to resume Monday at Fort Bragg
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg
- I-Team investigates coal ash ponds on Cape Fear River