Johnston County teen charged in fatal crash
SMITHFIELD, N.C. (WTVD) -- A Johnston County high school student has been arrested for the weekend crash that killed his friend.
Seventeen-year-old Bryan Gilmore, of Smithfield, turned himself into the State Highway Patrol Tuesday afternoon. He's charged with felony death by motor vehicle.
Authorities say Gilmore was drunk and speeding when he crashed his truck early Saturday morning in the 2200 block of Josephine Road.
One of his passengers, 18-year-old William Trippett, of Garner, was ejected from the truck and killed.
Another passenger suffered non-life threatening injuries.
Gilmore was charged with one felony count of death by motor vehicle, and then released on a $24,500 bond.
johnston county, accident, local/state
- Three arrested in murder of north Raleigh mom
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC News: Boston bomber 'associate' killed by FBI
- Feds open special inspection into NC nuke plant 54 min ago
- Jury begins deliberating in McNeill trial
- Racial Justice Act repeal heard by NC House panel 58 min ago
- Cameron: 'Indications' London attack terror
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Okla. storms hit close to home for some
- Doctors struggle to save boy's hands 51 min ago
- Arias speaks out about case in jailhouse interview
- Coach K returning to US men's team