Johnston County teen charged in fatal crash
SMITHFIELD, N.C. (WTVD) -- A Johnston County high school student has been arrested for the weekend crash that killed his friend.
Seventeen-year-old Bryan Gilmore, of Smithfield, turned himself into the State Highway Patrol Tuesday afternoon. He's charged with felony death by motor vehicle.
Authorities say Gilmore was drunk and speeding when he crashed his truck early Saturday morning in the 2200 block of Josephine Road.
One of his passengers, 18-year-old William Trippett, of Garner, was ejected from the truck and killed.
Another passenger suffered non-life threatening injuries.
Gilmore was charged with one felony count of death by motor vehicle, and then released on a $24,500 bond.
johnston county, accident, local/state
- Dozens march in vigil for Jesus Huerta 23 min ago
- 'Duck Dynasty' star on hiatus after anti-gay comments
- Photos: Clinton is Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating
- Whole Foods will stop selling Chobani
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Target security breach affects up to 40M cards
- 30 injured as bus overturns on California freeway
- NC ferry towed from sandbar after running aground
- NCCU new head football coach named
- Camp director facing child porn charges
- Troxler endorses Tillis for Senate primary in NC
- Trial for Army general facing sex charges delayed
- Panthers 1 win from ending playoff drought
- Lawyer details new evidence in Ackerson murder 33 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help