Suspect arrested in fatal motorcycle shooting
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- A 24-year-old man is charged with first-degree murder in the death of a motorcyclist in Fayetteville early Tuesday.
Francisco Echeverria is accused of killing 50-year-old Craig Spencer Morris - who was found lying in the middle of the 4200 block of Bragg Boulevard just before 3 a.m. Tuesday. His severely damaged motorcycle was lying nearby.
Police say it appeared Morris, a member of the Hells Angels motorcycle gang, was shot in the chest. He was taken to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.
It was later determined that Morris and Echeverria reportedly got into an altercation while in the parking lot of Carolina Square off Bragg Boulevard before police found Morris.
Following an investigation, police said that there was no indication that the incident was gang related.
Ten minutes after that fatal shooting, an argument took place in the parking lot of the Value Place Hotel on Cliffdale Road. Police say that argument turned into a road rage accident.
Army Sgt. Matthew Key was the aggressor, according to police.
His story to police is that shots were fired, and he was run off the road after racing two people from the hotel to the accident site.
Police are still looking for two people who were in a four door silver Chevy sedan.
At this point, they say they have no evidence of a shooting.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at (910) 988-6543 or CrimeStoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477).
cumberland county, shooting, accident, local/state
- Man shot outside Fayetteville grocery store
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market 37 min ago
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry 19 min ago
- Gas prices on the rise; still lower than last Easter
- Nurseries, homeowners take steps to protect plants
- Troubleshooter investigates Papa John's dough
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works 52 min ago
- Portland plans reservoir flush after teen cited 52 min ago
- 2 more charged in Wake Forest kidnapping
- Girl's memorial being held at basketball arena
- Sketch of Cary rape suspect released
- McCrory proposes new coal ash regulation