Exhibit highlights NC governors, first ladies
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- North Carolina's first lady was a no show at event about governors and their spouses Wednesday evening in Raleigh.
Ann McCrory's inaugural gown was turned it over to the North Carolina Museum of History.
Gov. Pat McCrory said his wife had to return to Charlotte to deal with their dogs and she feels bad that she couldn't attend to the event.
Meanwhile, some comments from the governor drew gasps from the crowd.
"Let me tell you the truth of where she got it," said McCrory. "She bought it at a consignment shop and she's proud to say that! She's not embarrassed whatsoever."
The gown will be featured in an exhibition about governors and their spouses through April 28.
wake county, pat mccrory, local/state
- Winter weather advisory issued for northern counties
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- No. 6 UVa tops No. 7 Duke 72-63 for ACC title
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Newtown struggles to meet mental health demand
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
- Former student fires BB gun inside high school
- Duke University senior killed in Florida crash
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- N.C. Central beats Morgan St. for MEAC title