Man charged in Henderson teen's death
HENDERSON, N.C. (WTVD) -- Henderson police have made an arrest in connection with the shooting death of a teen Thursday afternoon.
Police said 17-year-old Ja'Quon Seward was found shot at the intersection of Davis and Nicholas Streets
He was transported to Maria Parham Medical Center, where he died a short time later.
Twenty-year-old Daquan Ortiz was arrested late Thursday and charged with voluntary manslaughter.
At last report, Ortiz was being held without bond.
vance county, homicide, local/state
- Ice, rain, wind causing slick roads, delays, outages 16 min ago
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Don't worry, guacamole safe from climate change
- Airline passenger leaves nasty note for pilot
- Man accused of taking doctor's identity surrenders
- Durham crime numbers show mixed results
- Sinclair to face 15 year sentence, plea offer accepted
- NCCU students take part in Match Madness
- NC terror suspect says he's being tortured
- Man charged in fatal hit-and-run gets lower bond
- Road rage incident leads to gun being shown
- Coach K released from hospital after game
- More evidence presented in Teghan Skiba murder case
- EU slaps initial sanctions on Russia
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help