Mother, daughter injured in Smithfield crash
SMITHFIELD, N.C. (WTVD) -- A mother and her daughter were both injured in a single-car crash Thursday morning.
The accident happened just after 9 a.m. in the 5100 block of Highway 210, outside of Smithfield
Officials said the car ran off the road, causing the driver to overcorrect then veer off the roadway. The car overturned and eventually came to rest on its side.
The daughter was able to make it out of the vehicle, but her mother was trapped inside. Firefighters removed the roof off the car and were able to get the woman out.
Both the mother and daughter were taken to WakeMed for non-life threatening injuries.
johnston county, accident, local/state
- Vigil for Jesus Huerta takes violent turn 41 min ago
- 'Duck Dynasty' star on hiatus after anti-gay comments
- Photos: Clinton is Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating
- Whole Foods will stop selling Chobani
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Target security breach affects up to 40M cards
- FAA reveals what caused Southwest flight to plummet
- 30 injured as bus overturns on California freeway
- No. 8 Duke beats UCLA 80-63
- NCCU new head football coach named 59 min ago
- NC ferry towed from sandbar after running aground
- Camp director facing child porn charges
- Troxler endorses Tillis for Senate primary in NC
- Trial for Army general facing sex charges delayed
- Vigil for Jesus Huerta takes violent turn
29 min ago
- Durham Public Schools superintendent resigns
3 min ago
- NCCU new head football coach named
58 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help