Raleigh police chief sworn in
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Raleigh Police Chief Cassandra Deck-Brown was sworn in Friday.
Deck-Brown replaces retired Chief Harry Dolan who announced his retirement last year.
Deck-Brown is the first African-American woman to serve as Raleigh's police chief. It is also the first time since 1994 that the city has chosen a chief from within the department's own ranks.
Deck-Brown joined the department in 1987. The East Carolina grad is a North Carolina native.
wake county, local/state
- McNeill found guilty of first-degree murder
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- I-5 bridge collapses in Washington State
- Authorities: Barricade situation didn't happen
- Suspect in Raleigh murder has criminal past
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty
- Tar Heels beat Hurricanes 10-0 in ACC tournament
- Senate Republicans move NC budget to House
- Raleigh names new interim city manager
- Hurricane forecast: Another busy Atlantic season
- Senate leader at odds with Governor over Dix lease