Raleigh police chief sworn in
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Raleigh Police Chief Cassandra Deck-Brown was sworn in Friday.
Deck-Brown replaces retired Chief Harry Dolan who announced his retirement last year.
Deck-Brown is the first African-American woman to serve as Raleigh's police chief. It is also the first time since 1994 that the city has chosen a chief from within the department's own ranks.
Deck-Brown joined the department in 1987. The East Carolina grad is a North Carolina native.
wake county, local/state
- Winter weather advisory issued for northern counties
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Duke stays close to home as No. 3 seed
- Tar Heels draw Providence in NCAA opener
- Iowa State ready to face North Carolina Central
- No. 6 UVa tops No. 7 Duke 72-63 for ACC title
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Newtown struggles to meet mental health demand
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials