Man killed by train in Burlington identified
BURLINGTON, N.C. (WTVD) -- A Raleigh-bound Amtrak train hit and killed a pedestrian in Burlington Friday evening.
The conductor told police 50-year-old Glenn Edger Plester was sitting on the tracks just before he was hit.
An Amtrak spokesman said the Piedmont Train 76 was traveling from Charlotte to Raleigh.
There were no injuries to the 182 passengers or crew.
The train was delayed almost two hours.
alamance county, accident, local/state
- Soggy, cool Saturday to start holiday weekend
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Sub search for missing jet to be finished in week 8 min ago
- At barricades, Ukraine insurgents await Easter 37 min ago
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested 52 min ago
- NC woman to climb Kilimanjaro to focus on diabetes
- Cooper asks NC court to intervene in rate increase
- Warehouse fire cause explained
- Family of Danielle Locklear opens up
- Suspect in Durham carjacking, crash sought
- GOP: Teacher crisis started before McCrory
- I-Team: Are crime alerts needed following rape?