Wet weather moves out of Triangle
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- The same storm system that dumped heavy snow on the Midwest brought us plenty of rain Tuesday.
Rain amounts were expected to range between .75" to 1.5" across the area, which caused numerous accidents.
Temperatures should remain in the mid 50s as the rains move out.
Behind the system, things will quiet down as sunshine returns. Wednesday looks fairly mild around 60 before we cool back into the 50s by Thursday.
A cold front and northwest flow should bring even cooler temperatures by Friday and Saturday though, as afternoon highs will struggle to reach 50 degrees as we head into March.
- Woman speaks out about Clayton group home
- ABC11 channel changes
- Reports of rashes spur Fitbit recall
- Wrestler loses championship, wins crowd over
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly
- Skiba's mom says Richardson murdered daughter
- Durham school bus involved in accident
- Man killed by falling tree in Chapel Hill
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- Official: Airliner communications shut down separately
- Hurricanes rally to beat Sabres 4-2
- NC State tops Miami 67-58 in ACC tourney
- Emails show close ties between Duke, NC regulators
- Teen faces sexting charges following social media mistake