Teen facing charges in another teen's death
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- A teenager is facing murder charges in connection with an afternoon shooting near a Fayetteville shopping center over the weekend.
Police said 19-year-old Joshua Maultsby was shot near the Tallywood shopping center around noon on Sunday. He was later pronounced dead at Cape Fear Valley Hospital.
On Tuesday, authorities arrested 18-year-old Jamal Shaquille Jarvis at his home in connection with the shooting.
Officials said they believed robbery was the motive.
Jarvis has been charged with first-degree murder and attempted robbery with a dangerous weapon. He is currently being held in the Cumberland County Detention Center.
homicide, robbery, cumberland county, local/state
- Duke Chapel holds Mandela memorial
- Snowball fight could lead to criminal charges
- Airline's sweet surprise for passengers
- One day left to help hungry families through the holidays
- Billy Graham weaker since 95th birthday party
- Shooting reported in Raleigh
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Modest Eastern snowstorm brings closures, delays
- Serial bank robber arrested in Durham
- Bubba the goat is no longer on the lam
- Bipartisan negotiators reach modest budget pact
- Car crashes on Glenwood Avenue during chase
- Walmart, AIG say they plan nearly 700 NC jobs
- Groups shun NC critics, appeal Bonner Bridge case
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help