Henderson residents want answers to violent crimes
HENDERSON, N.C. (WTVD) -- Frustrations, anger, and fear are reaching a boiling point in Henderson.
There have still been no arrests made in a series of violent crimes that happened in the past several weeks.
"You can't go nowhere," said Henderson resident Felicia Jones. "You can't go to the grocery store."
The fear is now festering with frustration in Henderson as residents want more from law enforcement after a string of carjackings.
Some people say the description of the attacker, who is allegedly targeting women as they exit vehicles, is practically useless
"We just know that it's a man, but we don't know what he looks like, how tall is so," said Oxford resident Ashley Harris. "So it just seems like almost every man is a suspect."
The Henderson Police Department is currently investigating four incidents. Police also said the Vance County Sheriff's Office is handling a case of their own.
"I back them up a hundred percent," said Vance County Commission Chairman Thomas Hester." In fact, I back them up 200 percent."
Hester says nothing is being withheld from the public and commissioners have no plans to intervene with the investigations.
"I have the utmost confidence in the police chief and the sheriff of Vance County doing everything they can," said Hester.
Just the same, people who live and work in Henderson are doing all they can to keep themselves safe. One business is keeping the door locked even during a business day and only letting in people they know. Still, they don't feel any safer.
"We can't tell if someone is behind the building or just on the side," said Henderson resident Felicia Jones.
vance county, local/state, elaina athans
- Vigil for Jesus Huerta takes violent turn 3 min ago
- 'Duck Dynasty' star on hiatus after anti-gay comments
- Photos: Clinton is Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating
- Whole Foods will stop selling Chobani
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Target security breach affects up to 40M cards
- FAA reveals what caused Southwest flight to plummet
- 30 injured as bus overturns on California freeway
- No. 8 Duke beats UCLA 80-63 34 min ago
- NCCU new head football coach named 21 min ago
- NC ferry towed from sandbar after running aground
- Camp director facing child porn charges
- Troxler endorses Tillis for Senate primary in NC
- Trial for Army general facing sex charges delayed
- NCCU new head football coach named
20 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help