Suspect arrested in Fuquay Varina bank robbery
FUQUAY-VARINA, N.C. (WTVD) -- Authorities have arrested a suspect in connection with a robbery at the State Employees Credit Union on Old Honeycutt Road in Fuquay Varina on Thursday evening.
Investigators said around 5 p.m. Thursday, an unidentified suspect approached a teller and demanded money. The suspect then fled the scene and ran into a nearby wooded area.
Early Saturday morning officers arrested 26-year-old Brandon Phillip Williams at the Econolodge on Mechanical Dr. in Garner in connection with the robbery.
He along with another man, 24-year-old Bryce Bonilla, were also charged with possession of heroin, maintaining a dwelling for controlled substances, misdemeanor possession of marijuana, and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia.
A weapon and an undisclosed amount of money were also found inside the hotel room, according to authorities.
Williams and Bonilla were taken to the Wake County Jail and will each have a first appearance hearing on Monday.
wake county, bank robbery, local/state
- Possible tornado damage reported in Franklin County 11 min ago
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Wake County Schools name new superintendent
- Did Wake Co teacher encourage bullying?
- UNC ousts Tigers from CWS with 4-2 win 27 min ago
- Are there repercussions to 'Moral Monday' arrests?
- Funeral services set for Southern Pines officer
- New charge for man in Raleigh hit and run
- Fayetteville man faces 139 sex charges
- Long road to recovery for child attacked by dog
- New England Patriots star to be question about a murder
- Johnson Co teacher facing sex charge
- ABC11's Fred Shropshire describes...
16 min ago