SUV crashes into downtown Durham business
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Durham police are investigating an accident that landed a driver in the hospital after he crashed his SUV into a downtown business early Monday.
It happened just before 1 a.m. at 341 W. Main Street near W. Chapel Hill Street.
Authorities said when officers arrived; they found a 2000 Chevrolet Blazer inside Hairizon, a beauty supply store, and the driver still in the SUV.
The SUV had reportedly gone the wrong way on Morris Street when it crossed West Main Street and crashed into the business. The impact caused major damage to the store.
The driver, later identified as 39-year-old Javier Villaneuva Ziranda Francisco of Durham, was taken to a local hospital with serious injuries. He has been charged with driving while impaired, driving while his license was revoked and going the wrong way on a one-way street.
Authorities also said the Blazer was involved in a hit-and-run accident at the intersection of Liberty Street and Miami Boulevard about 10 minutes before the accident on West Main Street.
Details surrounding that incident have not been released.
Meanwhile, Hairizon's store owner said customers can still shop online on the business' website www.hairizonbeauty.com.
- Gov. McCrory declares state of emergency 3 min ago
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum 57 min ago
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Amber Alert issued for missing 11-year-old girl
- Woman's mummified body found at Detroit-area home
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Possible CO poisoning at Carrboro post office
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help