Raleigh crime alert
RALEIGH, N.C. (WTVD) -- Police say they need help solving a series of home burglaries that may be related.
Thieves have broken into six homes since January 9. In each case, it happened during daylight hours while residents were away. Five of the six cases happened in the northeast section of the city:
- January 9 - Bivens Drive
- January 23 - Eden Park Drive
- February 1 - Charleston Park Drive
- February 4 - Wheeling Drive
- February 19 - Cardinal Grove Boulevard
- February 22 - Sharon View Lane
The crooks made off with electronics, jewelry, personal items, and cash.
Detectives don't have a description of the suspects, but they do have a surveillance picture of a car that may have been used. It's blue - possibly a Nissan Altima - and may have tinted windows.
Anyone with information that might assist the detectives working to solve the cases is asked to either call Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-HELP or to go to the CrimeStoppers Web site at www.raleighcrimestoppers.org for instructions on how to report a tip online or by text message. CrimeStoppers pays cash rewards for anonymous tips that help solve cases.
wake county, local/state
- Winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- White House insists Obama was not involved in IRS 10 min ago
- Tanker truck collides with SUV in Johnston County
- Inmate escapes from NC prison, found 4 miles away
- 2 charged with murder in Rocky Mount shooting
- Army investigates 23-year-old paratrooper's death
- Another mugging reported at Durham bank 43 min ago
- Man, granddaughter killed in Wayne County crash
- Pedestrian hit, killed in Fayetteville
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Eric Staal's MRI reveals good news for Caniacs
- Another mugging reported at Durham bank
43 min ago