Raleigh crime alert
RALEIGH, N.C. (WTVD) -- Police say they need help solving a series of home burglaries that may be related.
Thieves have broken into six homes since January 9. In each case, it happened during daylight hours while residents were away. Five of the six cases happened in the northeast section of the city:
- January 9 - Bivens Drive
- January 23 - Eden Park Drive
- February 1 - Charleston Park Drive
- February 4 - Wheeling Drive
- February 19 - Cardinal Grove Boulevard
- February 22 - Sharon View Lane
The crooks made off with electronics, jewelry, personal items, and cash.
Detectives don't have a description of the suspects, but they do have a surveillance picture of a car that may have been used. It's blue - possibly a Nissan Altima - and may have tinted windows.
Anyone with information that might assist the detectives working to solve the cases is asked to either call Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-HELP or to go to the CrimeStoppers Web site at www.raleighcrimestoppers.org for instructions on how to report a tip online or by text message. CrimeStoppers pays cash rewards for anonymous tips that help solve cases.
wake county, local/state
- Barber, 11 others guilty in Moral Monday protests
- 'Tipsforjesus' leaving thousands in tips
- Does bathing in vitamin C water improve health?
- Family says Nelson Mandela on 'deathbed'
- Lockdown lifted at Wingate University 59 min ago
- Tata blames environmentalists for bridge woes
- NC has fewer teachers and more students
- Float banned from Clayton Christmas parade
- Autopsy: Actor died from impact, fire in crash
- Student arrested with loaded gun at Durham high school
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Group tasked with keeping kids safe at school
- State prison guard attacked by inmate
- Johnston County teen faces 'sexting' charges
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help