Granville County town without water
GRANVILLE COUNTY (WTVD) -- The Granville County town of Stovall is without water after two water main breaks on US-15.
The breaks happened Tuesday morning -- one about a quarter of a mile south of town, and the other near the town park on Lewis Street.
According to Stovall's mayor, Janet Parrot, schools in the area are closed for the day due to the lack of water.
Stovall gets their water from the Town of Oxford, which is about 10 miles south of Stovall.
The town is currently under a boil water order, which means residents should boil water for at least a minute before using.
It is unclear when water will be restored to Stovall.
granville county, local/state
- Temps to plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday
- Durham girl's wish comes true
- Teen arrested in theft of part from Paul Walker crash
- Woman unknowingly tweets husband's fatal car crash
- No. 20 Duke relishes worst-to-first ride
- Xerox calls police before layoffs
- Icy storm slams Southwest, shuts down North Texas
- Son: Graham's health declining
- CDC: Water at Marine base linked to birth defects
- Hurricanes surge past Sharks 23 min ago
- Raleigh Winterfest 2013-2014
- Mandela's humility and charm shined through life 4 min ago
- Fayetteville man charged with woman's murder
- Fort Bragg soldiers say goodbye, head to Afghanistan
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help