Woman struck, killed by SUV
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Authorities are investigating an accident after a woman was hit and killed by a SUV late Tuesday.
It happened shortly before midnight on New Bern Avenue at Seawell Avenue in Raleigh.
Police said 53-year-old Anita Bridges was in the middle of the road when she was hit.
They said the driver immediately stopped to help Bridges. She was then taken to the hospital where she later died.
Police said the driver of the SUV will not face any charges.
wake county, local/state
- Ice, rain, wind causing slick roads, delays, outages 6 min ago
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Don't worry, guacamole safe from climate change
- Airline passenger leaves nasty note for pilot
- Man accused of taking doctor's identity surrenders
- Durham crime numbers show mixed results
- Sinclair to face 15 year sentence, plea offer accepted
- NCCU students take part in Match Madness
- NC terror suspect says he's being tortured
- Man charged in fatal hit-and-run gets lower bond
- Road rage incident leads to gun being shown
- Coach K released from hospital after game
- More evidence presented in Teghan Skiba murder case
- EU slaps initial sanctions on Russia
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help