Woman struck, killed by SUV
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Authorities are investigating an accident after a woman was hit and killed by a SUV late Tuesday.
It happened shortly before midnight on New Bern Avenue at Seawell Avenue in Raleigh.
Police said 53-year-old Anita Bridges was in the middle of the road when she was hit.
They said the driver immediately stopped to help Bridges. She was then taken to the hospital where she later died.
Police said the driver of the SUV will not face any charges.
wake county, local/state
- Barber, 11 others guilty in Moral Monday protests
- 'Tipsforjesus' leaving thousands in tips
- Does bathing in vitamin C water improve health?
- Family says Nelson Mandela on 'deathbed'
- Wingate University on lockdown 20 min ago
- Tata blames environmentalists for bridge woes 37 min ago
- NC has fewer teachers and more students 31 min ago
- Student arrested with loaded gun at Durham high school
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Group tasked with keeping kids safe at school
- State prison guard attacked by inmate
- Johnston County teen faces 'sexting' charges
- Ground broken on Raleigh high-rise apartments
- Most popular Google questions about NC
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help