Police investigate shooting; cannot locate victim
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Police are investigating a shooting incident near the NC State campus Thursday afternoon.
The incident happened around 3:30 p.m. on Carlton Avenue, which is near the 3700 block of Western Boulevard.
A witness, who works at a convenience store, told ABC11 that he heard an argument and then heard gunshots and saw someone flee the area.
Police said shots were fired. However, no gunshot victims were located.
"I walked out and there were cops blocking off the roads," said resident Zoe Deaton. "There was an ambulance. I saw a guy walk by with an eye patch and a bandage around his face."
"It makes you a little uncomfortable that just literally down the road there is a police officer, and out in front of my house when I get home," said NC State employee Don Morin.
At least four people were taken into custody, but, so far, there's no word on any charges.
NC State sent out a campus wide alert warning students about the shooting.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-HELP.
wake county, shooting, local/state
- Winter weather advisory issued for northern counties
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- No. 6 UVa tops No. 7 Duke 72-63 for ACC title 20 min ago
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Newtown struggles to meet mental health demand
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
- Former student fires BB gun inside high school
- Duke University senior killed in Florida crash
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- N.C. Central beats Morgan St. for MEAC title