Police investigate shooting; cannot locate victim
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Police are investigating a shooting incident near the NC State campus Thursday afternoon.
The incident happened around 3:30 p.m. on Carlton Avenue, which is near the 3700 block of Western Boulevard.
A witness, who works at a convenience store, told ABC11 that he heard an argument and then heard gunshots and saw someone flee the area.
Police said shots were fired. However, no gunshot victims were located.
"I walked out and there were cops blocking off the roads," said resident Zoe Deaton. "There was an ambulance. I saw a guy walk by with an eye patch and a bandage around his face."
"It makes you a little uncomfortable that just literally down the road there is a police officer, and out in front of my house when I get home," said NC State employee Don Morin.
At least four people were taken into custody, but, so far, there's no word on any charges.
NC State sent out a campus wide alert warning students about the shooting.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-HELP.
wake county, shooting, local/state
- Suspected meth found near RDU airport 34 min ago
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Interactive Hurricane Tracking Map
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- UNC-Chapel Hill holds emergency drill 15 min ago
- Wake Forest natural gas leak capped 2 min ago
- Tropical Storm Barry forms off Mexican coast
- Former TWA Flight 800 investigators want new probe
- Traffic returns to Wash. bridge that collapsed
- NAACP, students challenge education changes
- Driver facing charges after passenger injured in accident
- Baby born on Raleigh Beltline
- NC undocumented ask for in-state tuition prices
- Obama renews call for nuclear reductions
- UNC-Chapel Hill holds emergency drill
14 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos