Shot fired inside Henderson hospital
HENDERSON, N.C. (WTVD) -- A man is facing charges in Henderson after he allegedly fired a gun inside the Maria Parham Medical Center Thursday evening.
Around 6 p.m., officers -- who were already at the hospital conducting security of a mental patient -- said they heard a gunshot come from a restroom in the emergency room.
No one was hurt.
Police arrested 29-year-old Jan-Michael Vincent Lassiter at the scene and charged him with discharging a firearm into occupied property, carrying a concealed weapon, going armed to the terror of the public, injury to personal property, disorderly conduct, discharging a firearm in the city limits, and concealing a handgun after consuming alcohol.
Lassiter is currently in the Vance County Jail under a $60,000 bond.
vance county, local/state
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- NC NAACP calls for June 3 rally for next protest
- AAA Carolinas expects more travel on Memorial Day
- 5.7-magnitude quake widely felt across N. Calif.
- Amanda Bynes arrested in NYC on marijuana charge
- McNeill found guilty of first-degree murder
- Father sought after baby found with burns
- Man charged in girlfriend's stabbing death
- Gray seal spending time on NC beaches
- Charlotte mom has son jailed for stealing Pop Tarts
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys