Officials stressing distracted driving dangers
WAKE COUNTY (WTVD) -- The North Carolina Highway Patrol is reminding young drivers about the dangers of distracted driving.
On Friday, officials will kick off their Safe Driver Awareness campaign at Apex High School.
They are asking students to sign a pledge to wait to text until they are no longer behind the wheel.
They will also hold a demonstration about just how dangerous distracted driving can be.
- Governor declares emergency in North Carolina 28 min ago
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina 38 min ago
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2
- Woman's mummified body found at Detroit-area home
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help