Spring Lake man charged with animal cruelty
SPRING LAKE, N.C. (WTVD) -- Charges have now filed in a disturbing case of animal cruelty in Cumberland County.
Spring Lake police have charged 36-year-old Laurence Dyson with felony cruelty to animals.
Dyson turned himself into police Friday evening.
Officers said Dyson attacked a two-year-old shepherd mix with a sword last weekend. The dog suffered cuts to his head, rib area, and leg.
Animal control officers said the dog will survive.
The dog's owner, Levan McDaniel, reluctantly gave up the dog to an animal rescue group in South Carolina.
The dog will be put up for adoption once it recovers.
Dyson was released on a $5,000 unsecured bond. His first court appearance will be Monday.
cumberland county, local/state
- Ex-boyfriend charged in Durham double murder
- Will 'Anchorman 2' live up to the hype?
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- Bradley Cooper happy to be sober
- Lawrence Lovette denied change of venue for murder trial 40 min ago
- Crawleigh could affect school start times
- Film, TV productions spend $250 million in NC
- McCrory cites jobless rate, tax overhaul in video
- Charge dropped in Cary culvert fire
- 2 winners in $636M Mega Millions drawing
- Widow's wedding bands stolen in Hope Mills
- Photos: Most fascinating people of 2013
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Multiple county chase ends in Durham
- Open house at Governor's Mansion
3 min ago
- Lawrence Lovette denied change of venue for...
40 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help