Spring Lake man charged with animal cruelty
SPRING LAKE, N.C. (WTVD) -- Charges have now filed in a disturbing case of animal cruelty in Cumberland County.
Spring Lake police have charged 36-year-old Laurence Dyson with felony cruelty to animals.
Dyson turned himself into police Friday evening.
Officers said Dyson attacked a two-year-old shepherd mix with a sword last weekend. The dog suffered cuts to his head, rib area, and leg.
Animal control officers said the dog will survive.
The dog's owner, Levan McDaniel, reluctantly gave up the dog to an animal rescue group in South Carolina.
The dog will be put up for adoption once it recovers.
Dyson was released on a $5,000 unsecured bond. His first court appearance will be Monday.
cumberland county, local/state
- Audit shows problems with NCTracks
- Heart of Carolina Food Drive wrapping up soon
- South African police prepare for Mandela ceremony
- Man must pay $50K after breaking up with fiancee
- Car drives off bridge, into Harnett County creek
- North Carolina ties to Craigslist murder
- Autopsy reveals Jamie Hahn stabbed 24 times
- Art Pope says he's sad about Roses, Maxway pickets
- Child writes apology letter for dialing 911
- Second suspect named in double murder
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela 1 min ago
- Wake Forest chooses Bowling Green's Clawson
- Reward doubled in Mount Olive murders
- Deputy hits deer, tree in Moore County
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help