Man charged in Amber Alert case
DURHAM, N.C. (WTVD) -- Police charged a Durham man Monday in a case that led to an early morning Amber Alert.
Investigators said 35-year-old Santos Reynaldo Aplicano Gomez left an apartment in the 2300 block of Lednum Street with 5-year-old Christopher Anthony Rojas and his 4-year-old son following a domestic dispute with his girlfriend late Sunday night.
The woman was taken to the hospital for treatment.
Rojas returned to the apartment with the children around 8 a.m. and was taken into custody.
Gomez faces charges of communicating threats, assault on a female, assault by strangulation, kidnapping, battery of an unborn child, assault in the presence of a minor and interfering with emergency communications.
durham county, local/state
- Temps to plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday
- Durham girl's wish comes true
- Teen arrested in theft of part from Paul Walker crash
- Woman unknowingly tweets husband's fatal car crash
- Woman struck, killed by car in Harnett County
- Son: Graham's health declining
- Wake Forest bank robbery suspect caught
- Motorcyclist killed in Durham County crash
- No. 20 Duke relishes worst-to-first ride
- Xerox calls police before layoffs
- High School Football Scores - Playoffs Week 4
- Hurricanes surge past Sharks
- Raleigh Winterfest 2013-2014
- Icy storm slams Southwest, shuts down North Texas
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help