Barricade situation ends peacefully
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- Fayetteville police say a barricade situation in the 7600 block of Branchwood Circle ended peacefully Thursday evening.
Police said the incident started after 5 p.m. when police and parole officials tried to serve an order of arrest on 21-year-old "D.J." Terrance Cordell.
When officers arrived, he retreated into a home. At that point, officers set up a perimeter and secured the area.
A child who was inside the home was able to leave safely and was taken to a safe location.
Cordell exited the home and surrendered to police around 9:30 p.m.
Family members were able to convince Cordell to end the situation.
He was not charged in connection with the barricade incident, but he was charged with pre-existing crimes which included; probation violation, driving while licensed revoked and aggressive driving, obtaining property by false pretense, possession of stolen goods, larceny of motor vehicle, and assault with a deadly weapon.
He is currently in jail under $15,300 bond.
cumberland county, local/state
- Barber, 11 others guilty in Moral Monday protests
- 'Tipsforjesus' leaving thousands in tips
- Does bathing in vitamin C water improve health?
- Family says Nelson Mandela on 'deathbed'
- 2 dead, 1 wounded in shooting near NC college
- Fayetteville bank robber sought
- Tata blames environmentalists for bridge woes
- NC has fewer teachers and more students
- UNC upsets No. 1 Michigan State
- NC State beats Northwestern 69-48
- Float banned from Clayton Christmas parade
- Autopsy: Actor died from impact, fire in crash
- Student arrested with loaded gun at Durham high school
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help