Hoke County party ends in triple shooting
HOKE COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- What started as a party at a Hoke County home ended in a triple shooting early Sunday morning.
Authorities were called to a home at Lisenby Mobile Home Park outside Raeford around 12:30 a.m. for loud music.
Just 13 minutes later, officials received a call of a shooting at the same location.
When Deputies responded they found two men on the ground that had both been shot. The men were later identified as Farrow Cobb and Byron Singletary.
There was also an innocent bystander who was shot who had been attending the party.
Police said the two men got into a fight. During the fight, Cobb pulled out a gun and shot Singletary in the lower abdomen. Singletary struggled for the gun after being shot and managed to get it away from Cobb. Singletary then shot Cobb two times in his hip and upper thigh.
All of the shooting victims were transported to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center for treatment.
Singletary required surgery for non-life threatening injuries. Cobb is still under medical evaluation and treatment as well and may require surgery.
Officials said the bystander, Te'Ondria Campbell, is likely going to be released Sunday.
Cobb will charged once he is released from the hospital.
hoke county, shooting, local/state
- Audit shows problems with NC Tracks 48 min ago
- Heart of Carolina Food Drive wrapping up soon
- South African police prepare for Mandela ceremony
- Man must pay $50K after breaking up with fiancee
- Car drives off bridge, into Harnett County creek 30 min ago
- North Carolina ties to Craigslist murder
- Autopsy reveals Jamie Hahn stabbed 24 times
- Art Pope says he's sad about Roses, Maxway pickets
- Second suspect named in double murder
- World leaders to speak at massive Mandela memorial
- Reward doubled in Mount Olive murders
- Deputy hits deer, tree in Moore County
- New American Airlines emerges as deal closes 58 min ago
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist 57 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help