Man steals cell phone in front of officer in Wilmington
WILMINGTON, Del. - March 18, 2013 -- Police in Wilmington, Delaware say a man was arrested after allegedly committing a robbery in front of a passing officer.
27-year-old Emanuel Carr is charged with robbery and resisting arrest stemming from the incident, which occurred at 5:35 p.m. Sunday on the 100 block of N French Street.
Police say the officer was driving in the area of W. 2nd and N. French Streets when he saw a man chasing Carr across the street.
The officer gave chase and took Carr into custody several blocks away in the area of W. 4th and N. Market Streets.
The officer learned that the man who was chasing Carr had allegedly had his phone stolen. He told the officer that he was standing at the bus station talking on his cell phone when Carr snatched the phone from his ear and fled across W. 2nd Street.
The officer found the stolen phone in Carr's possession.
delaware, wilmington, robbery, local/state
- Majority of number combos picked for Powerball pot
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- Tanker truck collides with SUV in Johnston County 18 min ago
- Inmate escapes from NC prison, found 4 miles away
- 2 charged with murder in Rocky Mount shooting
- Army investigates 23-year-old paratrooper's death
- Another mugging reported at Durham bank
- Man, granddaughter killed in Wayne County crash
- Pedestrian hit, killed in Fayetteville
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Eric Staal's MRI reveals good news for Caniacs
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
abc11.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos