Man steals cell phone in front of officer in Wilmington
WILMINGTON, Del. - March 18, 2013 -- Police in Wilmington, Delaware say a man was arrested after allegedly committing a robbery in front of a passing officer.
27-year-old Emanuel Carr is charged with robbery and resisting arrest stemming from the incident, which occurred at 5:35 p.m. Sunday on the 100 block of N French Street.
Police say the officer was driving in the area of W. 2nd and N. French Streets when he saw a man chasing Carr across the street.
The officer gave chase and took Carr into custody several blocks away in the area of W. 4th and N. Market Streets.
The officer learned that the man who was chasing Carr had allegedly had his phone stolen. He told the officer that he was standing at the bus station talking on his cell phone when Carr snatched the phone from his ear and fled across W. 2nd Street.
The officer found the stolen phone in Carr's possession.
delaware, wilmington, robbery, local/state
- Winter weather advisory issued for northern counties 27 min ago
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- Malaysia asks countries for data to help find jet
- Duke University senior killed in Florida crash 41 min ago
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- N.C. Central beats Morgan St. for MEAC title
- No. 7 Duke beats NC State 75-67
- Crimea votes on whether to secede from Ukraine
- Workers sift through rubble for clues to NYC blast
- Man shot, killed at Willow Springs bar
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in Durham
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car hits power pole