Mixture of snow, sleet rain expected across Pa.
HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) - March 18, 2013 -- A late winter storm is expected to bring a messy mixture of rain, sleet and snow to much of Pennsylvania just days before spring begins.
The messy weather is expected Monday morning and will extend into the afternoon in much of the state. Winter weather advisories are in effect in many areas.
The National Weather Service says the Harrisburg area could get about 1 to 3 inches of snow and sleet by the time it's all done. In the Philadelphia area, accumulation is expected to be less than an inch.
A wintry mix is also expected in much of western Pennsylvania, where icy conditions prompted the Pittsburgh Public Schools and about 60 other southwestern districts to delay classes. The ice and snow was expected to become rain in southwestern Pennsylvania by afternoon.
snow, rain, pennsylvania, local/state
- Duke Chapel holds Mandela memorial
- Snowball fight could lead to criminal charges
- Airline's sweet surprise for passengers
- One day left to help hungry families through the holidays
- Billy Graham weaker since 95th birthday party
- Shooting reported in Raleigh
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Modest Eastern snowstorm brings closures, delays
- Serial bank robber arrested in Durham
- Bubba the goat is no longer on the lam
- Bipartisan negotiators reach modest budget pact
- Car crashes on Glenwood Avenue during chase
- Walmart, AIG say they plan nearly 700 NC jobs
- Groups shun NC critics, appeal Bonner Bridge case
abc11.com News Links
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help