Traffic light vandal wanted green all the time, police say
MILFORD, Del. - March 18, 2013 -- A Delaware man has been charged with tampering with traffic lights in Milford.
The News Journal of Wilmington reports 49-year-old Stephen R. Chike of Bridgeville was arrested Saturday after he opened a light control box at the intersection of U.S. 113 and Del. 14 and switched the lights to manual.
The switch left the lights so they stayed on green only for U.S. 113 traffic.
Chike was charged with two counts of reckless endangering, disorderly conduct and interfering with a traffic control device.
delaware, vandalism, travel, local/state
- Suspect in Durham carjacking, crash sought 36 min ago
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Lindsay Lohan calls sex list 'humiliating'
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Woman's tax refund gobbled by unpaid tickets 50 min ago
- Police investigate meth lab near Clayton
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Mazda recalls 109,000 older SUVs for rust problem
- Duke's Rodney Hood to enter NBA Draft
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Bodie, Cape Hatteras lighthouses to open 14 min ago
- Raleigh police investigate home invasion
- Suspect in Durham carjacking, crash sought
36 min ago
- I-Team: Are crime alerts needed following...
32 min ago
- Woman's tax refund gobbled by unpaid tickets
49 min ago