Traffic light vandal wanted green all the time, police say
MILFORD, Del. - March 18, 2013 -- A Delaware man has been charged with tampering with traffic lights in Milford.
The News Journal of Wilmington reports 49-year-old Stephen R. Chike of Bridgeville was arrested Saturday after he opened a light control box at the intersection of U.S. 113 and Del. 14 and switched the lights to manual.
The switch left the lights so they stayed on green only for U.S. 113 traffic.
Chike was charged with two counts of reckless endangering, disorderly conduct and interfering with a traffic control device.
delaware, vandalism, travel, local/state
- Barber, 11 others guilty in Moral Monday protests
- 'Tipsforjesus' leaving thousands in tips
- Does bathing in vitamin C water improve health?
- Family says Nelson Mandela on 'deathbed'
- 2 dead, 1 wounded in shooting near NC college
- Fayetteville bank robber sought
- Tata blames environmentalists for bridge woes
- NC has fewer teachers and more students
- UNC upsets No. 1 Michigan State
- NC State beats Northwestern 69-48
- Float banned from Clayton Christmas parade
- Autopsy: Actor died from impact, fire in crash
- Student arrested with loaded gun at Durham high school
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
abc11.com News Links
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help