Search still underway for missing woman
CUMBERLAND COUNTY (WTVD) -- Authorities in Cumberland County are still searching for a woman who has been missing for 10 days.
Cumberland County Sheriff's detectives said Michelle Lynne Powell was last seen on March 8, at a home on Bangle Street off Cumberland Road in Fayetteville.
» Click here for a map of the area. «
Authorities said the 31 year old recently had a stroke and developed paralysis on the left side of her body. As a result, she has an unusual way of walking.
Powell is described as a white woman standing 5 feet 5 inches tall and weighing about 145 pounds. She has brown hair, hazel eyes and tattoos on the lower part of her legs.
She was last seen wearing a pink shirt, pink jogging pants, white tennis shoes and a black coat.
Powell's mother, Paula Turner, her family and the sheriff's department have combed the area for more than a week. The family is crying out for help.
"She'd call. She'd call me or somebody in the family," said Turner. "This is the tenth day. She would have called somebody."
Anyone with information about Powell is asked to call the Cumberland County Sheriff's Office at (910) 323-1500.
Powell is the mother of two girls, who stay with other family members.
cumberland county, local/state, nicole carr
- Governor declares emergency in North Carolina
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help