Search still underway for missing woman
CUMBERLAND COUNTY (WTVD) -- Authorities in Cumberland County are still searching for a woman who has been missing for 10 days.
Cumberland County Sheriff's detectives said Michelle Lynne Powell was last seen on March 8, at a home on Bangle Street off Cumberland Road in Fayetteville.
» Click here for a map of the area. «
Authorities said the 31 year old recently had a stroke and developed paralysis on the left side of her body. As a result, she has an unusual way of walking.
Powell is described as a white woman standing 5 feet 5 inches tall and weighing about 145 pounds. She has brown hair, hazel eyes and tattoos on the lower part of her legs.
She was last seen wearing a pink shirt, pink jogging pants, white tennis shoes and a black coat.
Powell's mother, Paula Turner, her family and the sheriff's department have combed the area for more than a week. The family is crying out for help.
"She'd call. She'd call me or somebody in the family," said Turner. "This is the tenth day. She would have called somebody."
Anyone with information about Powell is asked to call the Cumberland County Sheriff's Office at (910) 323-1500.
Powell is the mother of two girls, who stay with other family members.
cumberland county, local/state, nicole carr
- 20 children among dead in Okla. tornado 42 min ago
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- NC House panel looking at public school grant bill
- Frightening moments for family with Okla. ties
- Hazmat situation at Raleigh apt. complex
- Police search for shooting suspect
- Man shot in neck in Raleigh
- NC Senate budget plan heavy on Medicaid spending
- NRC meets public after nuclear plant shuttered
- Prosecution rests in Abaroa murder trial
- Woman accused of poisoning family
- Closing arguments to begin in McNeill trial
- Monstrous tornado touches down in Oklahoma
47 min ago