Search still underway for missing woman
CUMBERLAND COUNTY (WTVD) -- Authorities in Cumberland County are still searching for a woman who has been missing for 10 days.
Cumberland County Sheriff's detectives said Michelle Lynne Powell was last seen on March 8, at a home on Bangle Street off Cumberland Road in Fayetteville.
» Click here for a map of the area. «
Authorities said the 31 year old recently had a stroke and developed paralysis on the left side of her body. As a result, she has an unusual way of walking.
Powell is described as a white woman standing 5 feet 5 inches tall and weighing about 145 pounds. She has brown hair, hazel eyes and tattoos on the lower part of her legs.
She was last seen wearing a pink shirt, pink jogging pants, white tennis shoes and a black coat.
Powell's mother, Paula Turner, her family and the sheriff's department have combed the area for more than a week. The family is crying out for help.
"She'd call. She'd call me or somebody in the family," said Turner. "This is the tenth day. She would have called somebody."
Anyone with information about Powell is asked to call the Cumberland County Sheriff's Office at (910) 323-1500.
Powell is the mother of two girls, who stay with other family members.
cumberland county, local/state, nicole carr
- ABC11 food drive makes sure no one goes hungry
- Woman claws her way out of locked bathroom
- Pope Francis is Time's Person of the Year
- Man arrested in death of SC mayor's brother in law
- Man charged with stealing names, SS numbers from soldiers
- Man struck, killed on I-95 in Selma
- Shearon Harris back in operation
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Appeal to be heard in Jason Young case
- Police: Teen in custody shot himself
- Pilot who crashed at SFO worried about landing
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Prosecutor: no domestic charges against Zimmerman
- Wake schools bus shows up hours late
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help